I bought this dress (similar) two years ago and it cost $39. The reason I know exactly how much it cost after so long? It still has the price tag on. I’ve never worn it. There are a thousand reasons I could give you why I have never worn it, but it starts with this: I don’t go to many places that call for black dresses anymore.
Is that bad? Pathetic?
Before kids I used to get dressed up all the time. I had a group of friends and we threw parties just about every weekend.
Just for fun.
Oh, I miss those parties. Calling each other and figuring out what we were going to wear. Deciding we had to make it dressy because, who doesn’t like to get dressed up?
Fast forward five years and two kids. Now parties involve baby sitter’s and hangovers and too early wake ups the next day. But who am I kidding? I still love dressing up.
Keeping up my theme from last week I wanted to style an outfit for a holiday party using clothing and accessories I already own and perking it up with a little DIY.
Here are the steps:
1) I started with a pair of Steve Madden heels I found at Marshall’s last year for $22. I found a similar pair, here.
2) I went to Walmart (what can’t you buy there?) and bought a can of Krylon glitter spray. I originally wanted the silver sparkle kind, but found this Posh Pink color and thought, “I love pink, who doesn’t want glitter bombed pink shoes?” Sold. Two cans.
3) You’ll want to stuff the inside of the shoes to prevent splash over. I used plastic bags from Walmart (see above step) and it worked great. I used about three bags per shoe.
4) Spray each shoe carefully, about 12 inches away to prevent drips. I used two coats. I recommend using the Krylon clear coat as I noticed a little rubbing off with use.
5) Try not to glitter spray everything is sight. Pink glitter is a marvelous thing.
P.S. My inspiration for these shoes came from this pin. I adore the original Miu Miu version, but due to Christmas/Mortgage/Food/Electricity obligations I had to make do with my $30 version:)