I love trying out new things and can be swindled in with pretty packaging.
In other words, I’m a sucker.
There are some things I never change in my beauty routine and some I do. I always use the same lotion and face stuff, but add in extra moisture where I can when the weather gets colder. I find that my skin is more sensitive in the winter and I have to baby it a little. Therefore I have the excuse to go buy more product to add to the 600 bottles of half used stuff under my sink. It’s a problem.
Without further ado, here are my favorite beauty products:
1) The replenishing oil from Philosophy is one of my favorite products in the winter. I use it under my S.P.F moisturizer in the morning and after I wash my face at night. It soaks right in and never makes me break out. One bottle lasts me about 3 months, so it is worth the price.
2) I buy the family bundle from Honest.com and I have been really pleased with the products. This body oil is one of my favorites. I mostly use it on the kids. It smells so yummy, a mix of vanilla and coconut. I like to have a bottle in my bathroom, too, for when my skin feels really dry. Put it on damp skin after a bath and a glass of wine and your skin (not to mention your mindset) will feel amazing.
3) This healing balm also comes in the Honest family bundle. It can be used for a lot of things, but I keep it in my nightstand and rub it onto my hands and feet before bed. It soaks in and really moisturizes well.
4) The Cetaphil moisturizer cream is great for sensitive skin. It has no smell (I hate skin products that smell!) I use it under my face moisturizer when I don’t have my replenishing oil as the huge tub lasts forever. I also use it as a body moisturizer when my regular stuff runs out and I’m waiting for a new shipment. It is such a great basic to have.
5)The Pure Grace lotion and shower gel duo is amazing. It smells like soap and water, very clean. I can’t stand strong perfumes or scents anymore (weird?) I order it in huge pump bottle jugs from QVC and it lasts about 3-4 months. Sometimes I order the Amazing Grace scent, which is still very clean smelling but more girly. I have tried cheaper options but find myself coming back to this, it is my indulgence and worth the money.
6) I have been buying the Oil of Olay beauty fluid with SPF in it since I don’t even know when. I buy the generic brand from Target and it has a nice texture and no smell. In the summer I wear it alone and in the winter I layer it over another moisturizer.
7) My favorite eyeliner is from Urban Decay. It is really creamy, glides right on and doesn’t budge. I wear eyeliner everyday, all the time. At home, at the gym, running errands. I like the way I look with it on. Mostly I wear black or brown, but have recently branched into a pretty green and may go back for purple next. These are worth the money!
8) Another makeup splurge, the Bare Minerals foundation is the only foundation I have tried that looks and feels natural. It takes me four seconds to buff it on with a brush. I buy two a year, my summer color (medium beige) and my winter color (fairly light.) I have a lot of redness and it completely erases it. I bought the starter kit about 18 months ago, it cost $60 and came with three products and three brushes. I wash my brushes every week with my Cetaphil face wash and they look like new. Beware: if you don’t wash your brushes often, you will break out!
9) I think the Cetaphil face wash works amazing for the price. I buy the generic brand at Target or Walgreen’s. I will say, I do need an eye makeup remover to wash off my eyeliner, but I feel Cetaphil keeps my face clean and has a neutral smell. My favorite face wash is Philosophy’s Purity and their Microdermabrasion wash, but it is expensive and I can’t always buy it.
10) I love Revlon Colorburst Lip butterin Strawberry Shortcake. It is the perfect soft pink color and can be applied in a hurry while driving (not that I would do that…) If I’m not wearing a brighter color, I’m wearing this.
11) Maybelline Colorsensational lipstick (in Fuchsia Fever and Red Revolution) is a favorite drug store lipstick brand. It’s not slippery and really sticks (meaning it doesn’t run all over my face and look like a four year old applied it.) I’d like to say I wear expensive lipstick and act like I know the difference, but I don’t.