1) You can never have enough owl themed items in your home. I’m becoming an owl hoarder. You can judge me.
2) If you bring your kids to Chick Fil A at 9am on Saturday morning and buy them some chikin’ mini’s they will play for an hour an a half in the play area and leave you to Instagram weird photo’s of your shoes and such and read a book. Alone. Did I say alone yet? You may find me there every weekend.
3) There is a lot of fascinating/weird shows on television that I cannot stop watching. Extreme Cougars? Hell yes. An Oprah special about swingers? Yes, please. Let me just say that I am
mostly normal and have no immediate plans to get a younger boyfriend or become a swinger after I retire. I’ll sure watch other people lead crazy lives on tv, though. Oh, Sister Wives is on tonight….
4) One day you will wake up after four plus years of diapers, baby bottles, potty training, baby bjorn’s, forty pound double strollers, strict nap schedules, etc, etc and realize your children are older and can entertain themselves. They won’t actually need you every second of the day. It is a Christmas miracle, people. I loved having babies and squishy faces and all that, but having self sufficient children is heavenly.
5) Watching the Polar express in a house lit only by Christmas trees and seeing the awe of the season in their eyes. There is nothing better. Nothing. The little people in my life make the season bright.
P.S I bought the sweater above four days ago for $27.99 and now it is $19! It has sparkles in it. And it’s comfy. Run, don’t walk and get one. I’m thinking of another color:)