A note from college, remember those?
A pregnant belly at the pool.
A baby and a cat and an exhausted mama.
And this one!
My babes, one week old and 17 months.
Shorts. In January. Remind me of this later, okay?
Little Miss Sassy.
I am linking up with the amazingly funny Whitney for a little thing called, The Facts of Me. There are some new people around these Internet parts and I wanted to give you some information on the girl behind the blog! Here goes:
1) I wear a weave, as seen here. Many thanks to the above mentioned Whitney for introducing me to this fabulous invention! I have also worn braces TWICE, the second time was two years ago. It was somewhat humiliating to have braces when I turned 30, but it was the best decision ever.
2) I taught Kindergarten and Second grade for three years in Miami and loved it. I have my Master’s in Reading Education and love sharing my love of reading with others.
3) My babies are 17 months apart, which was sorta planned. It took about six months to get pregnant with my daughter, so we thought we would get trying early for our second. We assumed it would take awhile. It didn’t. First times a charm, right?
Molly and Brady are 3 and (almost) five and I feel like I can tackle anything now that I have sleep trained/potty trained/bottle fed/breast fed/taught them everything they know so far. Whew! I barely survived, but it was certainly… interesting around here for a couple of years.
4) On that note. Don’t ever have a baby in August in Florida. You will want to die from the heat and live in the pool wearing only a bikini while they older ladies judge you and stare at your massive belly.
5) I went to college at Keene State and it was the best time. Ever. Everything they say about college is true, especially if you do it right and have waaaaay too much fun. Here’s to sorority living and parties and classes after 11 and Dining Common’s omelette’s and meeting your best friend and your husband. all while earning a degree I may never use. Go me!
6) I love watching crappy TV. Tia and Tamera anyone? I keep getting sucked into marathons of that show. And QVC! I may or may not be slightly obsessed and know all the hosts and the programming lineup and such.
Oh! I also just watched the first season of “Girls” on Netflix and I am so ready to order HBO rightthisminute so I can watch season two.
7) My husband is in the military and does some pretty amazing stuff and I am super proud of him. We are moving this summer to a place I don’t know yet (soon!) and I can’t wait. I met this guy in college when he worked the landscaping crew and used to plow my car out in the winter and drive me to class on his little work golf cart and now he flies helicopters and I couldn’t imagine a better life. I’m always shocked to see him at work now as I will always see him as he was when we met. I adore him.
8) My son used to love wearing my daughter’s dresses and wanted his nails polished all the time (I did blue, okay?) and may or may not have worn a purse to dinner once. Poor thing. He never had a chance living with his big sister and mom as his influence.
9) My daughter is a firecracker. She is sassy and smart and loves all things girly and dress up and fashion. In other words, she is me. I find myself arguing with her for doing the same crap I used to pull. I am so screwed in 10 years.
10) I am from New England and really miss the seasons! We have lived in the South for 10 years now and I am so ready to move on. Just remind me next winter when I may or may not be eyeballs deep in snow that I said this, okay?
So tell me, what are some facts about YOU that you can tell me? I want to get to know you better:)