Stylemint lace tee (similar here and here); Zara jeans; Target clutch and heels; F21 bracelets (love this and this!), gifted GlassesUSA.com glasses.
Can you tell I’m ready for V Day?!
1) My mom called and wanted the children overnight so we
broke all speeding laws dropped them off early Saturday morning and peeled out of the driveway while screaming we’re free! drove straight to an RV Mega show down the street from our house. What? You don’t go to RV shows on your off time? Well you should! Not only will you see Winnebago’s bigger than your house, but there is some pretty awesome people watching. I would say it is almost on par with Wal mart. Almost. We are leaning towards buying a pop up camper or small tow-able trailer this summer and take the kids out into the great outdoors. Away from the Internet and Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and all those evil things we do on a daily basis. My requirement: I must have a toilet inside the camper. I refuse to go out in the woods at 2am to use the bathroom. High maintenance? Yes.
2) I went grocery shopping on Sunday (this is turning out to be such a fun post!) and spent a lot of time finding healthier options for my family. After two months of non stop company we are in need of a “Come to Jesus” moment when in comes to our diet. Think limited dairy, processed foods and gluten and way more fruit. More to come later this week on this.
3) Back to the kid-less day/night. Did you know I haven’t been alone for a day with my husband since last November? I know! Crazy. There is something to be said for eating a lunch outside on a beautiful Florida afternoon and just enjoying it. No kids (I love them, but they do limit conversation…) and just talk. I love the comfortableness (is that a word?) of being with someone and not feel the need to talk sometimes. You can just be.
Or you can go to the Disney store and buy $50 worth of goodies to surprise your daughter with on her birthday. Same thing.
4) Back to that Target run on Sunday (for groceries, I was so good and didn’t look at the clothes!) I bought the cutest Valentine’s for my kids to make for their school friends. They aren’t the usual ones that I get every year (Princess, Barbie, Cars…) but look almost vintage. I’ll show them to you later this week, promise.
5) We watched “Snow White and the Huntsman” Saturday night (in sweatpants while eating McFlurry’s, see detox eating plan above) and I’m not sure what to think. It was good? It was good, and interesting and weird and a little gruesome. I was surprised that I forgot who Kristen Stewart was and saw her as her character instead of just thinking that Bella had a British accent. Well played, Kristen. Well played.
Tell me, what did you do this weekend? Anyone have any pop up camper/trailer suggestions for me?
P.S. Linking up with Sami today for Weekend Update! Care to join us?