I wanted to show you all what my every day makeup look is and what I do to achieve it. On a day to day basis I am really simple. I am a makeup wearer and tend to do this routine even when I am staying home. It just makes me feel better to have my “face” one, you know? And if you could ignore the crazy flyaway hair situation I have going on that would be great. Here goes!
1) My naked face. I wash my face with Cetaphil in the morning and put on Oil of Olay (or generic Target brand) spf 15 Lotion on my face, neck and chest.
2) Next is my Bare Minerals foundation. I love this stuff! It is the first foundation I have ever used that doesn’t look like a mask and you can’t feel it on. I buff it on with a brush (I bought this kit about two years ago and was a great investment) and it makes your skin look airbrushed. I have a smaller concealer brush that I use around my nose, on my chin and near the corners of my eyes where I get red and blemish-y.
I get color matched at Ulta for this foundation and use a different color in the Summer (slightly darker) and Winter (slightly lighter.)
3) I mix a little bit of Bare Minerals blush and the Bare Minerals Warmth and brush it onto the apples of my cheek, down the bridge of my nose and on my collarbones if those are showing. I am vampire pale and this gives me a nice glow. A little goes a loooooong way. If I put too much on I either even it out with my foundation brush or buff it out with a hand towel. I have had some scary moments looking into my rearview mirror and seeing my bronzed self. Yikes.
4) The next step is eyeliner, my favorite. I am an eyeliner girl! I don’t feel done unless I have this on and am not above smudging a little on to go to the gym. I feel my best with a nice black smudged on my lower lashes. I do use brown (Demolition is my fave) sometimes for a more natural look, but I ran out and have been using my Urban Decay Perversion. This is the best eyeliner. It glides on really smoothly and smudges nice, too.
5) I curl my eyelashes (not all the time, though..this is a step I skip in a hurry
all the time…)
Right now I am undecided about which mascara I prefer. I have been trying a bunch of different kinds and have not fallen in love with any. I am currently using Tarte Lights! Camera! Lashes! and am not really wowed by it for the price (I think $20?) I am open for suggestions for an amazing mascara!
6) Last I put on lip gloss. My first love is a bright lipstick. It really brighten’s up this pale girl, BUT on days when I don’t want to reapply and fuss with anything I like Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Strawberry Shortcake. It is a pretty pale pink that looks really natural.
Last I put in my extensions…tutorial coming next week…and I’m done! The whole routine takes me maybe 5 minutes?
Tell me, what is you everyday makeup routine like? Any fun products I am missing and should use?