1) This ice cream place is five minutes from my house.
2) Friends that meet us when we arrive and it feels like we never spent time apart.
3) Carnivals and freaky Ferris wheels (just don’t, I’m warning you!) And cute tanks in fun prints.
4) Her first fish caught off the end of our dock.
5) Our home for the next four years. Perfection.
6) This tree and these tire swings right off my back porch.
7) A view like this at 9pm (it stays light up here LATE!)
8) Three zillion trips to Home Depot for paint.
9) Drinking my first cup of coffee and looking out at this.
10) A fourth of July that looks like this.
We are settling in and our stuff arrives this Monday at the house (squeeeeeeeeeee!) Lately we have been painting our little hearts out and spending time at the amazing lake cottage we scored while we were technically homeless (or goods-less?) I am looking forward to unpacking and seeing all of my things again and NOT living out of a duffel bag. I miss my clothes! And my books! Everything!
We have been living the life over here (up here?) and with the sun not setting until 10pm there have been a lot of late nights and for the first time ever, a little girl who slept till 9:30 am the other morning. From the woman who has woken up at 7am or earlier for the past five and a half years this was BIG.
I’ve eaten more S’mores these past two weeks than in the past two years and have sat by several fire pits with good friends. Is there anything better? Warm nights, a breeze off the water, happy kids, burning marshmallows, sticky fingers, ice cold Angry Orchard cider, and the promise of many more days spent doing exactly the same. Every day we keep looking around and the phrase Life is Good keeps coming to me. It explains everything I’m feeling. I mean, can it get any better?
Life is good, my friends. Life is good.