c/o Style Lately tank (also love THIS and THIS); Urban Philosophy pants; Target sandals; E Moore Store pendant; RayBan sunnies.
1) We took a drive through one of the prettiest areas in Traverse City on Saturday. The road winds through acres of grape vines, cherry trees, and hops, up over hills where views of Lake Michigan are visible and glimpses of winery’s and gorgeous lake homes can be seen. Every turn brought something new to see and each one seemed too pretty to believe. We went to the home of someone who had tons of cherry trees ripe for picking. The Airs Station was invited to partake as the owners couldn’t be here to enjoy them. It was a beautiful day and the cherries were available in abundance. Yellow, red and deep plum colored and everyone was loading bucketful’s to take home. We took two, HUGE beach pails full of cherries and now the question is: what on earth do I do with them all? Cherry cobbler? Pie? Anyone have a good recipe?
2) A family walks into Best Buy looking for a $20 part and walks out with $400 worth of TVs, wall mounts and other such nonsense. I’ll give you one guess which person in my family talked me into a new TV for our bedroom, shall we?
3) The same day we visit a furniture store looking for a sectional. Have you ever been faced with 2,467 fabric samples and told to pick one for your new family room couch? I mean, how do I choose? So far the gray, super soft couch with two corner pieces to cuddle in on cold winter nights is winning out. Currently we have a pretty (and quiet!) upstairs living room for mama to enjoy and a downstairs (with surround sound and all that makes my husband giggle) family room for the rest of us. I sure do love this house so far:)
4) I’ve spent way too much time on Style Lately picking out super soft tee’s and twisted headbands for myself. Am I the only one that enjoys virtual shopping and placing items in my online shopping cart for hours at a time? I rarely buy everything I put in there, but I sure do love debating it all.
5) Is it a coincidence that I have trouble finding a grocery store here, but can already find the mall and Target? I think not.
Tell me, how was your weekend?
P.S. Linking up with Sami for Weekend Shenanigans.