1) It was brought to my attention that Molly and I do the same head tilt in photographs. See, she really is my daughter (despite looking mostly like my husband and my dad.) That and the fact that she adores clothes, shopping and blogging her outfits. Diva.
2) Please tell me that when you get something new you wear it to death? I bought these Target sandals last week and wear them every second of my life. Even in this little 50 degree summer weather pattern we are having up here in Michigan currently…
3) What do you do when you have an hour to burn between summer camp pickups and it’s raining when you should be at playgroup? You go to the Gap outlet and entertain your son in the dressing room. Turns out he can take a darn good selfie.
4) Every once in awhile on the day you least expect it, your hair will dry perfectly in a pretty way on its own. No blow dryer, no curling iron, just air and a little too much time wasted on the Internet when you meant to dry it straight. It will of course look like garbage after you sleep on it and try to revive it the next day, in case you were wondering.
5) This is what you son’s ear will look like if he jumps off the couch with a bucket on his head. You will turn and look and try to figure out why he is saying his ear hurts, then notice it looks like this 4 hours later. Sort of like a UFC fighter the day after the championship fight. #cauliflowerear
6) Kids that work together to haul baby dolls in baskets up the stairs using a crane. Turns out, having stairs is the only toy you really need in life. And little girls that go to Fairy camp and make your heart burst with their cuteness.
7) I painted the kids’ playroom this weekend and had a moment of panic when the first coat of yellow went on. You guys, it was highlighter yellow. Panic set in. Do I keep painting? Go get another color and start over? What? I ended up painting three more coats and the color mellowed out to a bright, buttery yellow. It looks bright and happy and cheerful, exactly what a playroom should look like. I also put that shelf up there on the left together all by myself, like a big girl. With a drill and everything. I know. I’m still waiting on some pictures I ordered off of Etsy and some different lighting, but when it is all done I’ll do a little tour for you. Same thing with the rest of the house. It’s getting there. Slowly.
Tell me, how was YOUR weekend?