All of a sudden it’s February again, which means my baby turns SIX on the twentieth (crazy), and Valentine’s Day is around the corner. I don’t like to make a big deal out of that day for myself, but I love spoiling my kids and getting them little gift bags from the dollar section at Target, along with cute outfits to wear that day. I happen to be a big fan of pink, red and everything hearts, so February makes me pretty happy;)
On another note, I’ve made a vow of sorts to create goals each month that I can work towards. This keeps me on task and is so much easier to measure than the typical, “get healthy”, or “stop procrastinating.” Before I go into my goals for this month I wanted to review January and see how I did.
1) Create a blog series that will run once a month that focuses on a subject that interests YOU. I put out a question on Facebook and found that you want to learn how to dress cute and comfortably as a stay at home mom (or college student, anyone in a casual working environment, working mom, etc!) I love creating content that focuses on what you need and this is pretty exciting for me to put together and publish.
Done! I created a series about mama style in January, and have plans for February (how to parenting) and March as well (blogging 101.) I love creating these mini sessions where I focus on one subject for an entire week, If you have anything you want to know or would like to see more of, let me know!
2) Sign up my daughter for dance class. She loves to dance and sing and I want to help her flourish in this area. I am a HUGE procrastinator and this has been on my to do list for awhile.
So I didn’t sign up for dance, but I did sign them both up for gymnastics for now and they love it.
3) Clean out my closet (again) and wear more of what is in it and NOT just the same items over and over again. I have a lot of fun things, but they get pushed into the back and if I don’t see them I don’t wear them. On that note, I also plan on only shopping with income from this blog. I have been doing this for the past two months and it really makes me evaluate what I purchase and if I really need it.
I am in the process of eliminating things little by little. I currently have two trash bags in the back of my closet FULL of discards for the Salvation Army and will add to them until April or so before giving away. I swear, I will probably empty out 2/3 of my closet before I’m done, then regret it all.
4) Find ways to be more useful and helpful to those around me, whether it be through this space or in my daily life. This includes saying yes to my kids more, doing what I can to make my husband’s life a little better, as well as begin a better friend/daughter/person in general.
I have been working on this, and also just writing for ME and from the heart more. I am trying to ignore my stats and be less analytical about everything. I feel that when I write from the heart and post it, I get a better response.
5) Be more intentional with my Instagram account. I find that the accounts of those I love the most tend to have a theme or a more intentional post message. I love this!
I’m not sure how intentional I am so far, but I am posting less on Instagram and saving my more random thoughts for Twitter (where they belong.) Except for this awful moment, it deserved an Instagram moment all to itself;)
1) I’ve been using Fitness Pal again and I’ve been astonished by how much I thought I was eating calorie wise and how much I actually was. I’ve been trying to lose a little weight I’ve gained over the past year or so, and love how Fitness Pal keeps me on track. It’s mainly about accountability and portion control (I’m bad at both!), and I’m committed to eating within my calorie goal, with one splurge meal per week, for the entire month of February. I obviously want to do it longer, but we’ll start with a month for now. I know it works sort of like Facebook with a news feed, so if you are interested in joining me and need accountability, email me and we can sync up!
2) I’m working on actively growing my readership again after a little holiday break, so that means sponsorship! I am sponsoring two blogs in the month of February (The Freckled Fox and A Night Owl Blog) and hope to see great results. My goal? Create great feature posts for one and great content on my space for the other so I can keep the readers I lure over here.
(I have FOUR spots left for February’s group giveaway! Last month’s giveaway had over 5,000 entries and each sponsor grew from 50-100 readers. Check out my sponsor page for more details and a place to sign up!)
3) On the procrastination front, I am on a baby book update bonanza. I plan on ordering pictures form Shutterfly and getting up to date with BOTH of my children’s baby books, as well as make an additional photo book for my son (who wonders why his sister has TWO more than him.) Second child syndrome.
Oh! Must. Make. Dental. Appointments.
4) I’m working on wearing more of what I have in my closet and not rerunning the outfits that work over and over. That means intentionally choosing something different every day and experimenting, which could be really bad or really good. We shall see;)
5) I want to plan one mommy/daughter and one mommy/son date this month for some alone time with each. I also think it would be fun to surprise them with this, I think they (and I) would love it.
Tell me, what are some of YOUR goals for February?