Free People top ℅ Zappos; Old Navy jeans; Target heels, old (similar); Rebecca Minkoff bag ℅ Zappos; floral headband ℅ Just Dawnelle
True story: a couple of months ago, my friends at Zappos contacted me about doing a Spring style post using items from their site and I literally jumped for joy in my seat. (Or screamed/hyperventilated, take your pick;) You see, I’m a HUGE fan of Zappos, meaning I buy from them a lot and adore their customer loyalty, amazing service, and fast (and free) shipping. Before this month I had only ever purchased shoes from Zappos because I didn’t really know what they had to offer in terms of bags or clothes. Apparently I was missing out. Did you know they also carry a whole line of clothing from Free People? Up until now I thought Free People was a store that, a) I would never set foot in, and 2) Was way too expensive for me. While their items are a bit more pricey than my typical look, I love knowing that I can browse the Free People sales via Zappos and pick up items for less than I would in the store. I adore the blouse I’m wearing above, it is Free People at it’s best: flowy and boho and easygoing. I can’t WAIT to wear it with cutoff denim shorts and Birkenstock’s this summer. Or bell bottom jeans and a big floppy hat…the possibilities are endless.
As for this gorgeous, hot pink, Rebecca Minkoff bag? I love a classic look with a little bit of an edge. I can wear it with a little black dress and heels, or toss it on with a tee and ripped denim. I envision it working with everything I own and find it is high end enough to elevate a simple loo, yet not TOO fancy, you know? Handbags (and shoes) are something I am always willing to spend a little more money on because I think the cost per wear is worth it in most instances. I also recently splurged on this cross body bag to add to my collection. I love how edgy and fun it is, yet classic.
Sometimes as a blogger you get the opportunity to work with different companies that you admire and love. I’m not the type to grab money or items just for the sake of it, I have to really love the products and think that you will adore them, too. Zappos is one of those places. I have bought so many things from them over the years and have never been disappointed with them, ever. One of my favorite things about them is that if you order something in the wrong size or need an exchange, they will send you out the new item before you even send back the original item. Often by the next day. This happened when I ordered my Hunter boots last year. I bought the regular version rather than the Huntress brand (wider calf size!), and Zappos switched the order instantly. I literally got my new boots the next day, no questions asked. All you have to do is send the return item back within two weeks. I CHOOSE to spend my money at Zappos over and over again, something I find powerful when recommending a company to others.
Here are the TOP FIVE things I’ve bought and loved from Zappos:
1) My Hunter boots (both pairs), are my favorite purchases, ever, They work in all occasions and seriously just look great on. I buy the Huntress versions as they fit my “athletic” calves, and I have not been disappointed by these boots. I heart Hunters.
2) I have a pair of Chinese Laundry flats that look just like the expensive, designer brand of flats that were popular last year. I love how versatile and classic they look.
3) I bought my white Converse last year and I adore them. They are so versatile and give me that sporty/tomboy look while still feeling feminine.
4) I mentioned above, but I just splurged on this Rebecca Minkoff fringed cross body bag. I had originally ordered the mint color, but after thinking about it I returned it for the black and I am so happy with my choice. It is edgy and cool and easy to throw on and run out the door.
5) My last shoe splurge was a pair of Sam Edelman Petty boots that I bought with a gift card from Christmas. I had been eying these boots for a couple of years and now that I have them I can see how versatile they are. They are perfection in a neutral boot, I tell ya.
(Now you know how I got to be a VIP member at Zappos, too much shopping;)
And the next five things I am lusting over at Zappos, right now:
1) It’s a foregone conclusion, but now that I know that Free People exists in the Zappos world, I need to take advantage of the situation. I am lusting after this Penny Lane dress and Voile Trapeze slip dress.
2) I JUST ordered these black Birkenstock’s last week and I cannot wait for them to show up. Not only are they really trendy right now (which is funny, seeing as they are Birkenstock’s), but also so comfortable.
3) I’m loving the look of a mule right now, and these Steve Madden nude and peach ones are AMAZING.
4) If I were lucky enough to afford another Rebecca Minkoff bag, I would grab one in white (loving the Mini M.A.C. in yellow, too.)
5) Lastly, pink Hunter boots just look so fun to me. Every time I see a girl wearing a pair, I stare (probably inappropriately.) Can you blame me?
Tell me, do you shop at Zappos? What is your favorite thing you have bought from there?