All of a sudden it’s May, and the grass is greener, the birds are chirping incessantly outside my bedroom window each morning, and the neighborhood is filled with the sounds of children playing. The changing of the seasons and all that comes with it is pretty magical, isn’t it? I had forgotten the glory of it after living in Florida for so long.
The beginning of each month brings with it a feeling of renewal for me, and of goals made and plans to be realized. I want to make a note of what I’m feeling right this minute, what I want to accomplish, and how I want to make things happen. After all, if I don’t write it down somewhere I am bound to forget it. My memory is like a black hole. Seriously.
1) I am the worst at eating the fruits and vegetables that I need to be healthy. My kids eat really healthy most of the time (don’t read my post earlier about that McDonald’s breakfast…), yet my needs are pushed off and ignored. I am working on eating less snack-y items (like graham crackers and that darn organic popcorn in a bag that I am ADDICTED to), and more vegetables/fruit. It helps that the Farmer’s markets are opening up soon, because I love buying local and fresh stuff from there.
2) Warmer weather also brings a shift to my blog. Since I can get out and do more style photo shoots, I post more of those pictures and focus more on the style aspect of this blog, whereas in the winter I think I shift to a lifestyle slant (because 2 degrees just doesn’t work for me and my camera.) My true goals and long term plans for this space focuses on personal style and all that goes with it, so I’m happy to do what I love here more.
3) I hurt my back about 7 weeks ago and it has been an uphill process of figuring out what is wrong and finding ways to make it better. I’m currently doing physical therapy and I’ve stopped going to the gym, as that seems to aggravate it. I don’t like not working out, it’s sort of my sanity when it comes to self image and feeling good about myself, so I’m committing myself to doing yoga and concentrating on staying strong and healing. Rest is also something I’m working on doing more as well, I’m the worst person when it comes to making myself STOP and HEAL.
4) I need to update my passport and get the kids their’s, so we can do some travel up into Canada later this year. That’s been on my to do list for abut three months or so, I’m the ultimate procrastinator. Also, what if I wanted to go to Italy on a spur of the moment trip? (Wishful thinking.)
5) I just did a month of no shopping and also committed to stay out of Target for that time period as well (I KNOW.) It’s been good for me to stay away from the temptation, and I’m extending that shopping hiatus for another two weeks. Don’t you dare tell me about all the good stuff I’m missing;)
Tell me, what are your goals for the month?