1) I’ve been intrigued by this idea of having a “heat free” week on my hair, especially since it is pretty dry and damaged from repeated colorings. While I don’t think I could go without styling at all, I’d like to have the goal of washing and heat styling my hair once a week. This will make me more creative in my hairstyles, too, as I mainly wear it down now (which means straight ironing AND curling. Yikes.) A little dry shampoo works wonders on oily roots, and I only wash it twice a week now (with Wen, love that stuff), so this shouldn’t be too hard for me. Here’s to less damaged hair this Summer!
2) I’m going to take a page from my dear friend Shanna this Summer and commit to a less ambitious posting schedule. My kids are out of school next week and I want to devote more time to them, and get out more. I WILL be posting at least three times a week here, and responding to all comments as well as reading my favorite blogs, but I’m hoping the less I post from here until September will give me more time with my babies.
3) One of my favorite style and life inspirations is Hilary Rushford from Dean Street Society, and she started a thing this month called #ChooseJoyJune. It’s all about improving our quality of life and choosing little things daily that make our life BETTER. I’m going to multitask LESS (put my phone away and check it less. Seriously, I’m missing NOTHING), spend more quality time with my children (less computer, less technology), and get back to basics. Book reading, music listening, and a regression to simpler times and lazier days.
4) I won’t be buying any new clothes, shoes, or accessories this month because, I need NOTHING. Here’s to being more creative in our closets anyway, huh?
5) I’ve been frustrated with my page views and stats lately, it’s sort of become a real problem for me. I check them too much and find that the number is something that can make or break my day. Yet it’s just a number. I’m vowing to not look at my stats at all this month, and blog for the joy of it. I figure this: if I am thoughtfully engaging with my readers, reaching out to and reading other blogs, and creating content here that makes me smile? THAT is what I want. I don’t want a silly number to compromise that, so no more page views checking for me. I’m worth more than that.
Tell me, what are some of your goals this Summer?