H&M kimono (similar, similar); Old Navy tank; Harem pants, old (similar, only $15.99!); Target sandals; Curious Creatures long necklace.
Every once in awhile I notice that I have some new readers on board, so I figure it’s time for an introduction of sorts. While I DO have a new readers page, I want to take a second to say hello (hi!), and give some details on who this person is behind the blog (and she’s NOT named Jackie, strangely enough;)
1) Before kids I was a teacher and taught Kindergarten and Second grade. I love kids and really love having a lot of little ones around me. I have my Master’s Degree in Reading Education, (which I earned over a looong five years!), so I may go back and be a Reading Specialist when my youngest goes to school. (Unless this blog takes off and makes me a millionaire, where I will then stay home and take selfies all day, whichever comes first…)
2) I am a really neat and organized person. I have to make the bed, do the dishes and have my throw pillows looking neat and pretty on the couch. This does not extend to my cleaning habits, though! I clean only in spots with a Lysol wipe and occasionally vacuum only when necessary. I’m hoping my neat and organized house makes up for that?
3) I’ve moved five times in ten years, because my husband is in the military. I really like being able to see new parts of the country and find I’m pretty well suited for the military life. (Just remind me of that the next time I’m moving and driving cross country with a U-haul, two kids, and a cat.)
4) For every four or five pretty pictures you see on this blog, there are about 90 that will never see the light of day. Yikes! I also take 90% of my blog photos by myself with a tripod, camera, and timer.
5) I’m a mama of two kids, who are four and six years old, and they drive me crazy most of the time! Motherhood is the hardest thing I’ve ever done, and I make a zillion mistakes per day, but it makes me laugh (and drink wine) daily.
6) Celery is the grossest vegetable ever. It makes me gag just thinking about it.
7) I say a lot of phrases each day with my kids that I never thought had to be spoken. “Why are you peeing on the swing set?”
8) I love reading and make time every day to read, no matter how tired I am.
9) When I was a little girl I wanted to live in New York City and be a Fashion Designer. Now I’d rather live in the country, visit a city now and then, and style myself;)
10) I met my husband my sophomore year in college and I’ve been with him ever since. I knew about three months into dating that I had to be with him forever, in some way, because he was my best friend. He still is.
Now, I’d love to hear something about YOU! Introduce yourself in the comments, and leave a blog name if you have one, so I can come and say hello!