Summertime for me means less dressing up and more basics. There are a lot less photoshoots and blogging, and tons more family time. My hair goes natural and my makeup is almost non existent, and I love it! I wear bathing suits and cover ups most of the time, and then I get home and slide right into a pair of cropped sweats and an oversized tank. I spend less on clothes and shoes and more on products this time of year, and I wanted to share what I am loving right now.
1) With all the coffee and red wine I drink I’ve noticed that my teeth are not as white as I would like (read: they’re kinda yellow. Eww.) I’ve watched a couple of presentations on QVC of Supersmile and a couple of weeks ago I ordered this set. I’ve noticed improvements already and I’m hoping to see even more as the weeks go on. I mean, who doesn’t want whiter teeth?
2) My go to lotion is the super size jugs of Philosophy that I buy from (you guessed it!) QVC. For the past year I have been obsessed with the Fresh Cream scent. It’s slightly sweet, but still fresh and clean. I hate an overly scented anything and this lotion is amazing. I love getting out of the shower after a day at the beach and slathering this stuff on. I’m somewhat addicted. I’ve also layered it with the Body Shop’s Coconut body spray and I smell like pure summer, I tell ya;)
3) I don’t wear a lot of makeup right now, just usually sunscreen, eyeliner, and a touch of mascara. Yet when I DO wear more I find that I love to wear Josie Maran’s line of products. Her Protect and Perfect moisturizer goes on like a BB cream, sort of blending out imperfections. I also love her Argan oil for moisturizing, but wear her Argan Milk Intensive Hydrating Serum in the warmer months at night because it is lighter. Her color stick (which came free in a kit I bought), is also my go to blush and subtle lip tint.
4) I’m approaching my 35th birthday next month and I’m working on taking better and better care of my skin. I have unevenness due to hormonal issues and sun damage from my youth, so I recently picked up Philosophy’s Microdelivery Triple- Acid brightening peel. It came with a set of 12 and I do it once a well. I’ve noticed my skin evening out more, and I’m anxious to see how it improves over the next month or so (I’m about 4 weeks in!)
5) Lastly, my hair has taken a beating in the past year ago with going blond and back. I’ve been babying it for the past 6 months or so, only coloring my roots and keeping it trimmed and less beaten up with styling tools. I love the Wen cleaning conditioners for my hair, but recently discovered the SIXTHIRTEEN Ultra Nourishing treatment. When blended with my other Wen it makes my hair SO soft! It sort of supercharges the results and makes my hair better. I never use shampoo anymore and I don’t ever think I will go back.
Tell me, what products are YOU loving lately? I’m always game for trying something new!