I go through phases with stores, sometimes loving everything they have for a season or more, and then sometimes striking out very time I go in. I tend to go to my tried and true favorites (Target, Old Navy, Kohl’s, online at Nordstrom, etc…), and rarely branch out of that. I’m a creature of habit and like knowing what my size is at my favorite places, and what will work for me at each place.
My current go to for the past month or so has been Old Navy, they have so much good stuff! I’ve been working part time at school the past couple of weeks and I am slowly rebuilding my work wardrobe (yet I also like to add to my non-work wardrobe, which admittedly has a lot more items!) I wanted to share five of my favorite things I’ve bought from Old Navy lately, and why I love them so. Here goes!
1) I have been a fan of the Rockstar brand of jeans for a couple of years now. I always sized up one or two sizes (I think they believe women are shaped like pre teen girls?), but with their new higher rise skinny jeans I can buy my current size (wearing a size six above,) and feel happy. I love that they come pre ripped at the knee, and this pair has a cool hem detail that looks cute with flats. Typically I come home and cut off the bottom inch off of my jeans and wash them for a cute, frayed look, but this pair came perfect. Yay! I also have the black version that I plan to wear non stop, they have an edgy look I just adore all year round.
2) This Varsity Tunic tee above is so comfy, the cotton feels like heaven (and I love the tunic length.) I’m not a sporty person by nature (other than at the gym!), so I thought this was a cute look to wear at my kids’ soccer games or for casual Friday’s at work. I enjoy pairing it with a statement necklace and red lips, too! ALSO, this shirt is on sale for only FIVE DOLLARS online. #praisehands
3) It’s hard to find a good chambray shirt, for what reason I have no idea. Most are too flimsy, too short, or fit really wonky. The second I tried this one on I knew it was a winner. I wore it last week to work half tucked into a pair of black pants and it was really comfortable. I know I will wear it a million different ways all year round, and it’s so much cheaper than the J Crew/Madewell versions I’ve been drooling over. I bought a medium for the slouch factor, but could have worn the small. I have the lighter version, which is only $22 online!
4) Last weekend I walked by these leopard printed Harper pants and immediately dismissed them. On the hangar they look boxy and odd, and the online picture isn’t much better. BUT, I tried them on anyway and I was blown away! They fit like a dream, and the satin feel fabric is really great. I found that they fit large, so I sized down to a 4 and that worked out well. Now I need to go back and get the black pair;)
5) The plaid tunic situation right now in store is awesome. I bought this blue checked one this summer and wore it often with my denim shorts and sandals (and will wear it more with dress pants and cute flats this Fall!), but the plaid ones are AMAZING. This buffalo plaid version is great, as is this button up red plaid shirt (which I bought.)
Tell me, have you bought anything good lately (from Old Navy or otherwise?) DO share!