1) Jeans are something I wear almost exclusively. I favor a skinny jean, and the Rockstar brand at Old Navy are my go-to. They have recently redone their jeans and this newer version has a higher waist, and the fit seems to be more realistic. I love a jean with some distress, typically a ripped knee or two, and I often cut the bottoms at the ankle and fray them, or cuff them with ankle boots. I like a dark wash (above), a pair of black, and usually a white and gray, too.
I also have a pair of camo pants I bought a couple of years ago from Old Navy and always wear, that I have never seen there again. These are similar.
2) Ankle boots are my favorite type of boot, and the only kind I have besides my Hunter rain boots. Target is my favorite place to buy shoes, with these fringe ones above being a current favorite. I also love my Sam Eldeman Petty boots in Putty, and a pair of black buckled ones I got at Target years ago (similar option.) I really like that ankle boots look awesome with jeans, skirts, and even shorts in the Summer. I think they make any look a bit more edgier;)
3) A year or so ago I splurged on the Free People lace tunic (last worn here), and I have never regretted it. It looks great over anything, it has such pretty detail with the lace and ruffles, and I now need it in black. Ha. I also own a similar one from Target that is a near identical look.
4) I have a bit of a hoarding problem when it comes to hats. I like them for a pop of color or a bit of fun in the drearier winter months, and they also hide hair that is less than clean;) I like beanies the most, with Target (surprise!), being a fave for where I buy them. I like ones with pretty details like studded hearts, or a fun and trendy color like the one in burgundy I’m wearing above.
5) I’ve notice that I have a lot of shorts in my closet that pull double duty for me, both at home and at work. They tend to be a little oversized, are often a button up style, and can be tucked into a pair of black pants and worn with cute flats, or worn with jeans and boots (see above.)
6) I also have a bit of a jewelry obsession! I love that I can make a mostly boring look more exciting with some cute jewelry options. I’m obsessed with my Alex and Ani snake and feather bracelets, and I wear a bunch of bracelets and earrings from Baublebar on a daily basis (these Phased out bracelets, this similar Constellation pendant necklace), as well as multiple studs in both ears that often mismatch.
7) Finally, I have a couple of fun faux leather items that I think add some edge to my look for certain occasions. I love these faux leather pants paired with a slouchy sweater or tunic top, a faux leather skirt (similar) that looks great with ankle boots and a crop top, and a great faux leather jacket for casual AND dressy looks.
Shop this post: