Jacket, old (similar); Free People top (OBSESSED); Grey Old Navy jeans, old (similar); ℅ Lulu’s boots; Dooney and Bourke bag (on clearance!)
I’ve been coasting along pretty much goal-less for the past four months or so, which is actually pretty unnatural for me. Typically I am a goal oriented, write it all down in actual pen and ink (no iPhone calendar for me!) kind of girl. I buy and utilize my Lara Casey Powersheets monthly, until the Summer sort of derailed me. In the best of ways, though! The kids and I (and husband, too, while not working!) had the best time ever soaking up the sun at the beach almost daily and spending time with friends and family. I can’t regret that;) Then this Fall happened with me starting to work again and the kids playing soccer and basketball, and….you get the idea.
Now I find that it is NOVEMBER and I haven’t really set my intentions for the month coming up in a long time. I find writing down my goals, (daily, weekly, and monthly) makes me more accountable for some reason. It seems that once it is dried in indelible ink on the page I have no reason to NOT follow through. So here goes, my friends, my goals for the next month for all the world to see (and better even, in black and white so even I can’t back out.) I’ll check back in at the end of the month to let you know how I did!
1) Blog FIVE DAYS per week in November. Funny enough, I did this religiously for the first three or so years of blogging. It was a routine that worked and once I was in the groove I found it was easier to write and post than it was to not. Then we moved and life got in the way and I started cutting back, which is FINE really, but the month I want to change that. I find that writing more makes writing easier, and since November is NaNoWrMo, I want to use that in the way that fits my life best, by blogging.
2) Update my media kit, which is way overdue.
3) Visit some of my favorite blogs and sort of analyze what it is about them that I love, and see how I can improve my own blog. This isn’t about copying, it’s about research and finding what inspires me and what I love to read, so I can better write here.
1) Work out at least 3x per week. I have consistently done this for the past year or so but got off track the past two months. I feel better when I am more active, so doing this with no excuses is my goal this month. I also want to switch this up a bit and do more variety at the gym and at home. I have been bored with my workouts as of late, and I think that is mostly the reason for my fitness slump.
2) Shop less in town (TARGET, OLD NAVY) and be more mindful of my purchases. You guys all KNOW that this is a continual process for me that I work on all the time, but now that Fall is almost over and Winter is almost here I have all I need to wear with the trendy accents and items already added in, so ENOUGH. Ha;)
3) Begin my holiday shopping! I have begun making lists for the kids and loved ones and I want to begin picking up things a little at a time to alleviate stress, as the holiday season is actually pretty stressful for me. #firstworldproblems
4) Sign up my kids for a winter activity. Maybe gymnastics?
5) Go on a date or two with my husband. (My mom and dad are coming into town soon, free babysitting!)
6) Clean out the laundry room and storage shelves in my basement, as well as some extra storage cabinets in my living room…and give it all to Goodwill. I’m feeling the need for a good clean out!
Tell me, what are some of your goals this month?