My favorite reading place, that couch on the left!
I’ve never made it a secret that romance is my favorite genre of books to read. I think I’ve been reading romance novels since the age of 14 (I remember being home sick with mono, reading my mama’s Jude Devereaux books. Ha.) I love a happy ending, being able to read about cool people and LOVE, and having that escape. While I also enjoy biographies, popular books on the NYT Bestseller’s list, and self help stuff, romance is my true love and always will be. You’ll find me 90% of the time at night on the couch up there, Kindle in hand, while my husband watches ALL the shows on the Discovery Channel. It is my happy place, TRULY.
Here are the best romance books I’ve read lately (and think you should read, too!)
1) The Game Plan by Kristen Callihan: This book just came out last week and I was waiting for it! It is the 3rd in a series and I adored every single one of them. It’s a sports romance (which is my current fave), and is about a football player and the girl he always had his eye on and never got the nerve up to go after her…until he did;)
2) Pretend Your Mine by Lucy Score: This popped up in my Kindle Unlimited options and I am so glad I clicked on it. I love a story that just gets right into it, it can be really annoying to have to read 50% of a book before the romance starts. It was HOT, but the storyline as equally as impressive (which doesn’t always happen in this genre…)
3) Some Sort of Happy by Melanie Harlow: I can admit, the first 10 pages or so of this I almost gave up, but I am so glad I didn’t! First of all, it is set in the town I live in (which is super random), and the main guy in it has major OCD issues and was a weird in high school (which endeared me to him from the start.) After reading this I went back and bought all the books by this author and was not disappointed. I can’t wait for the second one to come out on November 17th!
4) Wicked Restless by Ginger Scott: This was the second in a book series that I was really looking forward to. The first one is one of my all time faves and I actually reread it a lot. This was just as good! I love the vulnerability of the characters and being able to revisit characters from the first book. LOVE.
5) Sweet Hope by Tillie Cole: This book was one of a series as well (which I’m a sucker for), and was just as good as the others. The characters in this are damaged and raw, but the love story is beautiful and so worth it, I even teared up while reading it. I also love the previous books (mainly Sweet Home) in the series.
Tell me, are you reading anything good lately?