Old Navy plaid shirt; Logo layering tank (love this!); blanknyc Vegan leather leggings (cheaper option); QVC faux fur vest, exact (and similar); ℅ DSW studded heels.
This post was originally posted in November 2014, it has been revised and updated!
One of my favorite parts of reading blogs is learning more about the person behind it. While I love seeing how someone dresses themselves in a unique and cool way, or how they show fantastic ways to just LIVE LIFE, I want to know who they are. I want to know the nitty gritty, behind the scenes facts, because I’m curious. And nosy;)
Here are THIRTY facts about ME:
1) I’m obsessed with Monat shampoo and conditioner! I tried it a month or so ago and completely fell in love with the results it gives me, as well as the smell! It is hands down the best hair stuff I have ever used, EVER.
2) I cannot watch people put on socks. It sends shivers up my spine and creeps me out.
3) My favorite color is pink, but I don’t own any pink clothing. Weird.
4) My only real, true dream in life that I knew had to happen for me to be happy, was to be a mom. Done!
5) I am obsessed with QVC and watch it almost all the time. I love watching the presentations and seeing what is new put there, plus they have really great deals! I WILL go there to the studio someday and go on a tour.
6) I love reading and find time to do it every single day. I am also a really fast reader, I read about a book a day.
7) My favorite books to read are romance novels, and right now sports romance is what makes me happy. I also use Kindle Unlimited (with my Kindle Fire) and love that I can read a ton of books for only $9.99 a month. (Not sponsored, just obsessed;)
8) I paint my nails once a week because I love how it looks, my nails are rarely bare. I love black, navy blue, or red.
9) I don’t like eating breakfast. The thought of eating when I wake up just seems wrong. Typically I grab a handful of almonds or a cheese stick when I’m going out the door so I won’t starve if I’m out past lunch.
10) I rarely get coffee away from my house, I prefer it the way I make it at home. I use sugar free Peppermint Mocha creamer, Splenda, and buy Dunkin Donuts K-cups for my Keurig.
11) I’m not a big fast food person, but I do like Wendy’s chili!
12) I have a picture of the first day I met my husband.
13) I am happiest at home.
14) I crave alone time. Too much time out and with people makes me feel like I need to recharge by myself. Introvert, much?
15) I hate math with a passion. Especially statistics. My children (ages six and seven) will be smarter than me in math in about one year I assume?
16) I earned my Master’s degree in Reading Education while home with two kids, it took me six years to complete!
17) I almost never wear my real wedding and engagement ring. I have a lot of fakes that I switch out depending on my mood.
18) My husband and I just celebrated our eleventh wedding anniversary, and he still makes me laugh every day. I also want to tear his eyes out on occasion…totally normal.
19) He used to work on the grounds crew at the college we both attended, he would plow my car out before everyone else’s, and give me rides to class on the campus golf cart. Swoon.
20) I met my best friend on the first day of college! I talk to her almost every day.
21) I wanted to be a fashion designer when I was a little girl. Now I just like to style myself.
22) I never used to be athletic, but I LOVE going to the gym and pushing myself, and find pride in doing more than I ever thought I could physically.
23) I was blonde for about three months last year and now that my hair is dark again, I kinda miss it.
24) Target is my favorite place to shop. And Nordstrom online!
25) My son was nameless for two days because he didn’t look like what he had named him, (Max!) when he was born. I still have the hospital menu from that night he was born with a bunch of brainstormed names scribbled on it.
26) I saw a baby girl named Molly when I was 22 and LOVED it so much I decided I had to name MY baby girl that name, too. Luckily my (then boyfriend, now husband) approved, and five years later we had our Molly Amelia;)
27) I adore Apothic brand red wine. Is it five yet?
28) I love living the military life with the Coast Guard. We have moved a ton, but it is always fresh and exciting, and brings so much adventure into our lives.
29) I am a super organized and neat person, but I’m not the best house cleaner.
30) I buy Philosophy lotions and shower gels in bulk from QVC. Fresh Cream is my current favorite.