I was reading Helene’s post the other day about putting what you want in the world out there with words, and it reminded how I used to listen the ‘The Secret’ in the car on the way home from work a zillion years ago, and how much I truly believed in it. I think if you say things out loud like they have already happened, it attracts positivity and it WILL happen. Does that make sense?
Back when I listened to it on my car rides, I was trying to get pregnant with my first child. We had been trying and it just wasn’t happening as quickly as I wanted it to. (I’m not super patient.) I knew that being a mom was what I wanted the most in life (it has since become one the the best things that has ever happened to me!), it just was not working out. So I said positive affirmations daily and just BELIEVED that it would happen. And it did! I had my daughter, and then my son, and life has been pretty darn perfect. I’d like to think I am a positive person to begin with, but I think I can also stress over the little details and I need to just believe.
Here are the things that are GOING to happen in April, because I am putting it out there in the universe and I BELIEVE!
1) I am going to make time for my workouts and either go to the gym or do at home workouts with Beachbody 3 days/week. Staying fit is important to me, and I will make time for it. No excuses, ever. (Not even at 6 am before work, ha.)
2) I am NOT going to shop for clothing for myself in April, because I truly do not need anything.
3) I am going to mentor at least 3 new people on my Monat team to success, because teaching people to make money and become successful (both personally and professionally), all while sharing good hair (!), is something I love to do. I am also going to share more about Monat and not be so scared to offend people.
4) I am going to publish blog post 3 days/week, and comment on other blogs 5 days a week (because reading other blogs and creating relationships is important to me.)
5) I am going to create content on my social media sites in a more consistent way. (I’ve been slacking off…)
6) I am going to take more walks and do more things outside with my kids.
7) I am going to be a better friend, by taking the time to call the ones I live away from more, and get out more with the ones I live near.
8) I am going to remain open to new ideas and change, because challenging myself is important (I tend to get stuck in a rut…)
9) I am going to watch what I eat more (less sugar/alcohol on weekends/fried food), and drink more water (and ice coffee;)
10) I am going to be a better listener.
That’s it! Tell me, what are some positive affirmations YOU can create for yourself this month?