1) I’ve been in a style rut lately that loosely translates into, “too lazy to care.” I put on the same tired looks, I ignore the other 95% of my closet, and I just plain don’t put any effort in. Which is FINE, except I don’t feel my best when I do this. I’m working on getting dressed more, even if I’m home alone working, even if it’s a trip to the grocery store (where I was heading above!), even if it’s to a friend’s house to hang out. Turns out, I have a lot of great clothes and accessories to wear, I should wear them;)
2) In the same vein as the “too lazy to get dressed” area of my life, I’ve been slacking iff when it comes to my diet. I uitilize Fitness Pal and work out 2-3 days a week, but I was splurging waaaaay too much. Which is okay if your 23 and can eat what you want (I remember the days…..), except I can’t now. If I want to look and feel my best I have to really watch what I eat. I can splurge, but not on all the things, you know? I’m not super awesome at moderation, so I either have zero pieces of cake or two, two HUGE glasses of wine, or none. It’s a struggle, which brings me to…
3) I’ve been side eyeing that whole ‘macros and micros’ thing for awhile, and I was intrigued. Looking into it, it isn’t that far off how I eat now. I don’t take any food out of the equaton if I want it, but if I want a huge ice cream sundae for dinner, that is my whole meal, and I’m eating salads and protein the rest of the day. I’ve been logging my macros into Fitness Pal (find your macros HERE), and I find that I am more full and eat better when I eat the correct amount of protein/carbs and fat. Here’s the deal: you DO have to be aware of where you are throughout the day when it comes to your macros. I use the premium version of Fitness Pal and weigh a lot of my food so I have the correct amount. A lot of times towards the end of the day I am FULL and still need to add calories, I’m assuming it’s the protein that does this? Anyway, I feel good about it. It’s been 2 weeks and I like it right now. I’m a routine eater, so if I have things I like I will eat them over and over again and it’s easy to log it in. I’m not as focused with weight as I am in feeling good inside and out. I weigh myself about once a week and base my feelings on progress on how my clothes fit and my own vision of how I look. Does that make sense?
4) Since I’ve been working hard on the flexible dieting front, I am picking up the pace at the gym. I do a lot of interval stuff on the treadmill for cardio (2 minutes at 10% incline and 2 at 15% for 30 minutes), followed by high intensity interval stuff and weights (burpees, lunges, squats, etc), and then I do a final 10-15 minutes of cardio (I try to run, or I do the eliptical.) I’m really working on toning more than anything, and burning fat. I like to feel strong and like I can do hard stuff, so this program is working for me. I mostly make it up as I go along and stay at the gym about and hour to an hour and a half, three days a week.
5) Finally, these denim shorts are a new fave of mine! They are distressed and that pale denim color I love this time of year. I bought my typical size (size 28) and they are actually a little loose, so I have the size 27 on the way to see if those are better. I’ll keep you posted on sizing!
Tell me, what’s new with you?! Have you heard of flexibile dieting (macros and micros?) Any tips for me?