Target sweatshirt (the best, so soft! wearing a medium for slouchiness); and jeans; Sorel boots (tip: bought both my Sorel boots at shoebuy.com with promo codes for less;)
This is the last of my 3 part goal series (you can my fitness and business goals here!), and these are obviously centered more on my personal life and bettering my self. I am a HUGE self help junkie and love making goals to improve who I am. I’m a mom of two and being the best I can be for them is a priority, as it being a better wife to my husband. Also, being the best ME I can be is important. I want to challenge myself and do things that scare me and always, always improve on my weaknesses. I fail all the time, as a mother and person and wife, and that is okay. Because I keep trying and know I will be better the next day. My fears are huge (that’s a post for another day!), but I know I can move forward in positivity and make each day better than the last.
My personal goals for 2017:
1) Obviously social media is huge for running a home based business, and I get that, but sometimes you need to put that aside. Sunday’s are going to be a day of rest when it comes to my online life. I tried this before and it worked really well, but I slipped out of it and I need to get back. I will not be looking at social media of any kind on Sunday’s. My kids deserve a day where mama is not staring at her phone!
2) Read more personal development books. As you know, I am crazy for reading, but I tend to read more fiction than anything else (I LOVE a good romance novel;) This is okay, but I want to dedicate more time for bettering myself. I have a post planned where I will outline the best self help books I read in 2016, and I have a bunch lined up to read this month. I read primarily on my Kindle Fire, but holding an actual book is something I love, too. I buy my personal development books and highlight the crap out of them, so holding a real book in my hand is a priority! Growing my leadership skills is something I’m making a priority (for my shampoo team!), as is better time management.
3) I want to say yes more to my kids. Not to everything, obviously, because that just isn’t possible, but MORE YES. I want to color more with my daughter and do more bike rides with both of them. I want to be more present and less selfish and give them more quality time in 2017.
4) I am constantly working on getting rid of the things that don’t bring me joy, and only keeping the things that do. This is a moving year for us, so I have begun paring down the things that will come with us and the things that won’t. It is amazing the things that we hang onto only because we have become blind to seeing them!
I also want to shop more mindfully and take breaks when I need to, and just be smarter about my purchases. I felt I did well with this the past couple of months and I want to continue.
5) I want more adventure and travel in the new year! We are really good about planning small and big trips, and I love the fun of that. (Gunning for a Vegas trip with Monat in April!) Showing my kids new places and experiences is so much fun. Again, we are moving this year (I don’t know where, yet!), and that will be fun and crazy and a little scary (…new schools, new friends!) I try to teach my kids positivity helps with the unease of a new transition, so practicing that is a daily thing around here.
That’s it (for now, lol.) I am so looking forward to this new year and the new beginnings it will bring. What are your goals for 2017?
Shop this post: