My October Trunk Club came and I am so excited to show you what was in it, what I thought, and don’t forget to get my free guide on how YOU can make each of your trunks amazing!
A quick update on what Trunk Club is for those that are new….
Trunk Club is a subscription styling service via Nordstrom where you sign up and tell a stylist online exactly what you are looking for (my stylist is awesome!), and they send you a box of things to try at home. Your stylist will look at your Pinterest boards to get an idea of what you enjoy, as well as ask you many, many questions about what you are looking for. The key is to be very specific about your needs. For $25 the stylist adds things to your box, you approve them before they ship (she then takes stuff out and adds more), and ships it to you. The $25 goes towards anything you buy in the box. If you have a Nordstrom card (I do not), this fee is waived. Let’s get into what was in my box, and at the end I’ll give you a link to my FREE guide on how to make Trunk Club successful for you!
Also, you can sign up for Trunk Club (and my specific stylist!) HERE.
Okay, let’s do this!
- January tee from Free People, size small. If you’ve been reading this blog for a hot minute you know I love Free People. When filling out my survey for Trunk Club I told my stylist I love Free People thermals and tunic tops and to just toss those in in neutral colors when she comes across them. Last month I got one that I mostly liked, but this one made me happier. I can fit in an XS or S depending on the top in this brand, and right now I like how the Small fits in these tops. I am a big fan of having lots of mostly neutral color options to mix and match and I love that I can wear this dressed up with faux leather leggings or at home in my fave pair of Aerie leggings (which you need, I promise.) This top stayed home with me!
2) Row A jumpsuit, size medium. In theory I thought this was really cute, and if I had an occasion to wear it for I would debate grabbing it. But in reality, I am pretty casual these days and when I do dress up it is not in something like this. I did like trying on something new, though, and thought it was fun. It would be pretty cute dressed up for a date night or even a daytime wedding! Or family pictures!
3) BP leopard scarf. I specifically asked for something leopard in my Trunk this month (leopard is currently trending at the moment, though I think it never goes out of style lol.) I am not a scarf person, I’m not sure I even own one, but I LOVED the lightweight feel of this and the pattern itself was awesome. I think it is perfect to show this trend without going overboard. Under $20, too;)
4) Madewell Kent Cardigan, size small. This cardigan, you guys. It is the perfect cardigan, in my opinion. (Bold statement!) I got it in a burgundy color in my last trunk and really wanted to try it on grey this time around. While I still love the cardigan, the gray was actually a weird putty color in person. I will purchase this item in the future, but will snag it in another color other than this weird, non gray. P.S. You need this cardigan if you are in the market! It is pricey (watch for sales around Black Friay..hint, hint….), but I’d rather have one perfect cardigan versus 5 mediocre ones.
5) Madewell Gemma mules, size 8. I asked for a pair of slip on mules and my stylist did not disappoint. These were like BUTTER. I wish you could have felt them! They were true to size and just so darn cute. I am currently debating whether to keep them! What should I do?
6) Topshop scallop camisole, size 6. This is where my stylist crushed it for me. All of these pieces were perfection. I love a simple camisole that can be layered with a cozy cardigan (see above) and tucked into high-waisted skinny jeans. I kept it!
7) Madewell 9 inch high waist skinny jeans, size 28. Madewell kills it on jeans, you guys. These were perfection, and fit amazingly well. I love how comfortable their jeans are and how they almost even feel like leggings. Black, ripped denim is my JAM, and I’d recommend these a million percent. These were a little long for me, but you can cut them yourself (a 26 inch inseam is my sweet spot), or just roll them. If you can invest in denim, snag these. The outfit you see above is ME to a tee and I felt so good in all the pieces!
8) Topshop Obsession Twist Minidress, size 6. This is one of my favorite accent colors to wear and collect, and it made me happy when I saw it in my trunk. I just don’t have a need for the dress itself and felt it was a tad snug on me. Would look so cute of you need to dress up for work, though!
9) Leith Wrap Maxi dress, size Small. This dress was fun, but just not for me. I do love having these out of the box items in my trunk, though, because it forces me to try new things! A girl can only wear so many cami’s and jeans and cardi’s, you know?
10) Not shown, but saved in my Instastories: Marc New York Teddy Fleece Quarter Zip Jacket, size small. I am not a fan of brown, so the color was not for me, and I would size up to a medium in this for maximum coziness. It was unbelievably soft!
I’ve created a FREE download for you with the tips + tricks I use to get the best possible outcome for each of my Trunk Club boxes! Just click HERE and you it will guide you to this awesome freebie. I’m so excited to help you get the best possible Trunk Club experience!