You guys, 1000 blog posts! (Technically this is 1002, but seriously!) Who knew you could write about style and motherhood and self help and marriage (and mostly a lot of outfits) for 1000 posts?!
Back when I published my first blog post in April of 2011, I was a mama of two kids under three, and I was desperate to feel like I had a piece of myself back. I found my first blogger that gave me insight into this whole “blogging your daily outfits” thing and I was hooked. (It was Julia from Gal Meets Glam and I still read her stuff daily.) It gave me something I had been missing for a long time. A reason to get dressed again and fall back in love with personal style, a community of like minded people that loved the same thing and spoke my same “language,” and an outlet to be creative in a life that had lacked in this area for way too long.
I started out taking pictures with my point and shoot camera propped on things (camera phones weren’t really a thing, or they didn’t take great pics anyway…) Facebook was just for updates about what you ate for lunch, and Instagram wasn’t even a thing. So much has changed.
I’ve moved to two different states, graduated to a fancy camera with a tripod, and then back to my camera phone most of the time. Instagram and Instatories blew up, and how we blog is different. A lot of people say blogging is dying, but I don’t agree. I love reading blogs! I also still love writing, it is a big part of why I still do this. My blog is a place that holds all I do, and it is a place I own outright. Instagram can die or delete my account, but I’ll continue to house my main content here and create content that is rooted in this spot.
Over the years I have blogged very consistently, or missed months at a time, but enough to create 1000 posts in 8 years, so pretty consistent in the end;) This space here on the internet is a piece of my soul that I share with the world. A lot of things have changed and what I focus on may shift, but I will always have content on here that a lot of you have grown to love, personal style and real life, raw and unfiltered stuff. I am a self help maniac and helping people feel less alone is a goal of mine. Every time I get an email or a DM that says, what you wrote in your post or newsletter helped me so much, it makes my day/year.
For my longtime, loyal from the beginning readers, I heart you. I think of you as friends and I am so honored you come back and read year after year. And for my new readers! Whatever made you click and read this, I hope I have something here that can resonate with a need of yours, whether it be the perfect pair of jeans or advice on how to feel less anxious. I am here for you.
And before I end! I wanted to include some of my top read posts, which I pulled straight out of my analytics! Funny, they are not what I THOUGHT would be popular, but the numbers speak. This is what gets read the most. Turns out, you all REALLY like self tanner and workout/eating guides!
- Tanwise vs. St Tropez One of my first self tanning comparisons.
- My Shop My Look page! This is the page I funnel most everyone on Instagram over to! It is where you can shop my daily outfits, and I update it daily with shoppable links!
- BBG Weeks 1-2 results post I no longer do this program, but I wholeheartedly stand by the results and loved it when I did it.
- The eating plan I did to go along with the BBG program. Again, I don’t do macros anymore, but I got AMAZING results when I did.
- How to Apply Self Tanner Like a Pro A newer post!
- Confession: I’ve had two breast surgeries I love writing posts like these. I typically save these confessions for my newsletter subscribers (link below,) but every once in awhile I publish them for all to see.
- May Trunk Club Review I am so glad this made it! These posts are a lot of work to put together (I do live try ons on Instagram (@meaganrigney) but so fun, too.