Happy Monday, friends!
Gosh, I woke up yesterday morning to the sound of thunder and rain and it was just the best. I love snuggling on the couch on a cozy morning with a cup of coffee, a good book, and either a podcast or the meditation series I subscribe to. I very much believe in Sunday’s being a day to putter around and set myself up for success for the coming week. I do laundry, write my newsletter (subscribe below!), and try to write out a plan for the week (because I need routine and guidelines or else I kinda just float around and do nothing and it doesn’t make me feel great.)
This coming Tuesday is my 40th (!!!!!) birthday, and I have a great day planned with family and friends, and then this coming weekend my friends are whisking me away for a surprise trip. I’m excited! I’m hoping to write about what I have learned so far in life so far, especially in my late 30’s. I’m going to get my thoughts together and share that with my subscribers first, so sign up for first dibs;)
Okay, let’s get into the 5 things that are giving me LIFE right now (i.e. the things that light me up, bring me joy, etc…)
1) I got my first haircut (see above) in 6?7?8? months last week and I was amazed how much better I felt! I got about 6 inches cut off and my hair feels so, so good. I swear, it is the little things in life for me, going to a salon or painting my nails at home, or a self tan, just little bits of self care that make me feel like ME. I also found a new stylist that I LOVE and that is so hard when you move somewhere new! I was so pleased.
2) I have bought a bunch of new books right now that have been fun to dig into. I actually heard about both of them on The Birds Papaya podcast while walking one day and quickly came home and added them to my Amazon cart. I have to say, I am about 5 chapters into the essay book and it may already be the best self help book EVER? It seems to have everything I have learned so far from a million different places in one book, but said in new ways. I have highlighted almost every word. Just buy it, I promise your won’t regret it. And I have just barely started the anxiety book, but love that I can reference it on bad days.
3) My mom graciously sent me a substantial Amazon giftcard for my bday (thanks, mom!), and I used it to purchase a few pieces for my home office (other wise known as my #pinkpalace)
This gold mirror is so gorgeous and is my new spot for outfit photos.
I love how modern this floor lamp is.
I wanted a spot to put my coffee and books when I am doing my journaling and meditation, and this faux marble end table is so pretty!
Also, I adore Himalayan salt lamps. I love the flower shape of this one!
4) I ordered these stretchy mom jeans last week and they are due to arrive tomorrow! I have a similar pair right now but they have zero stretch, and they get uncomfortable! I will report back on how these feel.
5) I have been going on almost daily walks this summer because life has been crazy with moving and renovating, and I haven’t been sure about joining another gym or not. I have been trying to really dial on on what my body wants, and shedding my EGO on what I think I SHOULD do. Right now my body just wants simple movement. I like walks between 2-3 miles, and I either listen to a podcast or talk on my airpods to a friend. It just really makes me feel good, and I see so many cool things and just have ideas pop into my head. I noticed this feather above ona walk, because feathers are my sign from the universe that I am on the right track. I’m just trying to be in the moment right now…not forcing anything and just following my heart. It feels amazing. I have spent years forcing myself to do so much and it got really heavy, so I have been setting it down.
Okay! That’s it for this week! What do you have planned? Comment below and let me know something that has brought you joy….