Back in October I had the opportunity to go to the Lucky Fabb conference, and there I met my style BFF, Rebecca (otherwise known as, Mommy in Heels!) We knew each other through our blogs and both cohost our monthly What She Wears linkup, but hadn’t actually met. I knew in theory that we would get along, but I’m a bit shy and you just never know if some people are the same as they represent themselves online. I was worried. The second Rebecca and I met we did one of those embarrassing, girly, front squeeze hugs with some extra squealing added in. She was more than I expected. More friendly, more gorgeous, more open and honest and amazing. In other words, she’s my people. The type you could sit up at night on a living room couch, with no makeup on and wearing stained yoga pants and just feel like yourself around. We text a lot, usually about our shared love of the Nantucket author Elin Hilderbrand, or about some blog argument going around online, or over what we will wear. You know, typical girl stuff.
In other words, I adore her.
Recently Rebecca decided to open up a brick and mortar version of her online shop, Elizabeth and West, and I am so tempted to sell everything I own and play shop girl with her. I admire her courage so much, she is following her dream and I love that. There’s something about a self starter, a mom with two kids who puts herself out there, risks it all to live her best life, you know? What I love about her store Elizabeth and West is that, because she has such great style, I know that all she sells is in line with that. Here are a couple of things I have been dying over, lately:
This faceted jeweled cuff is edgy and unique and fun. Perfect with a simple tee and cutoff denim shorts.
You guys KNOW I am obsessed with floral kimonos, right? Loving this floral chiffon one. Gorgeous.
The cutest, polka dot version of a baseball tee that I ever did see.
I feel like this is my year to try a romper, especially a modern floral one!
Please head on over and say hello to my friend today if you can. She is real and honest and so fun, I know you will adore her too.
On to the giveaway!
This week marks the three year anniversary of this blog, and Rebecca and I teamed up to create an awesome giveaway for YOU! We’ve both put gift boxes together of our favorite things that we we send to ONE lucky reader one week from today. I wanted to show my appreciation for sticking with me through 650+ posts over the years and I’m just so, so thankful to have you. The giveaway is open to U.S. residents only and the winner will be picked randomly via Rafflecopter. If you don’t live in the U.S., don’t hate me yet! I have a J Crew gift card up for grabs next week;)
On to the goods! The winner will receive:
1) One copy of Momastery’s Carry On, Warrior (my favorite inspirational, makes you feel better about life, book.)
2) One copy of I Love YOur Style by Amanda Brooks (one of THE BEST style books and one I look back on all the time for inspiration.)
3) Bare Minerals Marvelous Moxie lipstick in Never Say Never (an awesome hot pink shade I wear all the time.)
4) A bottle of Organix Nourishing Coconut Milk Hair Serum ( I am addicted to the scent of this!)
5) The Body Shop Coconut Body Mist (the BEST summer scent.)
6) Tanwise Sunless Tanning Mousse, Tanwise Self Tanning Facr Gel, AND Tanwise Shimmer Perfection Cream. (I am OBSESSED with this tanner, it is the most natural, long lasting self tanner I have ever used.)
7) OPI nail polish in I Saw, U Saw, We Saw, Warsaw (a deep, midnight blue color.)
8) Essie nail polish in Mint Candy Apple ( a gorgeous, mint color.)
To see what Reebcca will be sending out in her box, go HERE. Good luck!