3) I’ve had a down pillow and super soft pillowcase since I was ten, I think? Over time the pillow actually disinegrated, and I was left with the pillowcase, which I just put on another pillow. Now the pillowcase has shredded and can’t go over a pillow, and it’s just one long piece of fabric and I CANNOT sleep without it. So I guess I sleep with a blankie of sorts? I’m attached to it, you could say. I’m mildly embarrassed to admit to this, ha.
4) I eat food one item at a time during meals, usually eating the thing I want the least first, until I get to what I want the most. I don’t mix bites and I don’t like it to touch or overlap.
5) I am a neat freak. I enjoy neatening things and organizing stuff. If you asked me to sit and clean out a closet where I could toss things and make things pretty at my own discretion I would be THRILLED. I think it’s the control factor I like. I can make things look neat and orderly, making my life feel more neat and orderly.
Tell me, what do YOU do that makes you a little weird?
2) I’ve had an amazing month reaching my goals for my Monat business, and it has me fired up. I love being able to mentor other women and be a source of help to those on my team and around me. I started because I wanted the discount, I continue because I can earn great money by sharing a product I truly believe in and I get to work with people I personally choose. It’s something I never thought I would do, and it has been such a happy surprise for me.
3) I went into Target the other day to see if I could find this cocoon sweater in another color (I have the olive green in a size medium, it’s amazing), and ran into a tee that I had to have in 3 colors. It’s so perfect! It has a tie detail on the back, it has a loose, flared shape, and I love it. I bought the white, pink, and blue, but will probably return the blue because for some reason it fits differently than the other colors? I snapchatted it (follow me at becauseofjackie), because I KNEW it was a keeper. I bought it in a medium, which is my usual Target tee shirt size. I can’t find it online right now (or the most amazing fringe tank that just JUMPED into my hand, I swear), but I’ll snap a pic and put it on my Facebook page and I’ll Snapchat it as well if you are interested.
I’ve definitely reached my goals for getting my Spring and Summer wardrobe staples all sorted out. (Which sounds super indulgent when written out like that, right? Ha.) I always like to figure out what I need (and want, let’s be honest!) and taking the time to research and find those pieces that will be perfect for me is something I love. I find that the search is really fun for me, as is the process of finding what my style is and how it is evolving over time. Discovering what I want my personal style to be is important to me, and being able to showcase who I am through clothing and accessories is something I truly enjoy. Being able to put together an outfit that I look AND feel my best in is a game changer for me. When I get dressed and make an effort I can tell the difference in how my day goes.
That being said, I’m aiming for taking at least April off of shopping and enjoying what I’ve purchased over the past month or so! I need to work on being more grateful for what I have and after going through my closet last month and getting rid of at least a 1/3 of what I own, I’m finding out what I really DO wear and discovering who I am in my personal style. I’m still learning!
Shop the post:
Shop the post: