4) My kids have 9 more days of school left, and while I am a little sad to lose my alone time in the day (if I’m not working, ha!), I am so thrilled to spend some quality time with my kiddos. They are the BEST age (6 + 8), and we have the best adventures together all summer long.
5) I have a tattoo appointment next month to add a third feather to my tattoo I have on my ribs. I love the thought of having feathers drifting down my side, and I can’t wait to complete my set.
Tell me, what’s new with YOU?
The other day I had a really wonderful morning walking around Target with a cup pf Starbuck’s Chai Latte, just exploring. I think I walked up and down each aisle twice! I had just dropped my kids off at school after all of us had been sick for DAYS, so having that time to really browse and explore was awesome. Also, a lot of the Spring stuff is out right now and it looks so pretty! I love new seasons, they are so hopeful and inspiring and being able to purchase things for warmer days ahead made me smile.
I love Target because they are always on trend (for less), and they have great basics. I find that a lot of my favorite pieces that I wear over and over again are from Target. Their maxi dresses and skirts are great, and lately they have a lot of great, slouchy tee shirts available. And their shoes! I love Target shoes. They always nail the latest styles, and they are well made. I just bought a pair of these heels in black, I can’t wait to pair them with a pair of ripped jeans and a slouchy tee for a date night.
I’ve also noticed that off the shoulders styles are really in this season. I never want to break the bank on this as it isn’t an everyday look for me, but Target has a ton of well priced options. I particularly love this off the shoulder floral dress, and this black off the shoulder peasant top. Oh! And this chambray dress!
I’m really loving the new Who What Wear line they have right now, too. It is well made and the designs always catch my eye as I walk by.
Tell me, have you seen anything awesome at Target lately?
You can find Marina on Instagram here, she has such a beautiful feed!
I have a vision. A plan if you will! I’m in full on shopping and browsing fro Spring mode, and it all started when I bought a couple of bathing suits earlier this month. I realize it’s still winter and we have awhile to go, but here’s the thing: all the good Spring stuff is out RIGHT NOW. If you wait too long it sells out and when you want it you can’t find it. I realize we aren’t talking about world hunger here, but let’s pretend for a second that planning your warm weather looks is uber important.
When I look over the pins I put on my style board on Pinterest I notice I have a lot of neutrals on there, and very simple looks. I’m digging ripped denim and simple white tees, as well as flared denim with a top tucked in (maybe even a body suit? Gasp!) I keep seeing Kourtney Kardashian in this look and I love it. I actually love a lot of what she wears right now, from the sleek hair to the black chokers. I definitely wore a lot of this stuff in the early 90’s and it’s back, hopefully I’ll rock it a bit better than I did then;)
I want a lot of nude shoe options, from sandals to tie up heels for date nights (with ripped denim and a low cut top!), as well as some vintage looking Adidas with a body con dress (I have the long sleeve version in black and LOVE it. NEED the sleeveless in gray.)
I’m really trying to simplify my look and to not reinvent the wheel. I’ve been backing off of style photos while there is snow on the ground and I find I dress a little simpler when I don’t have a blog shoot hanging over my head. I get by with Instagram shots and my style has become more streamlined. I’m looking to extend that into the Spring and Summer! Blogging can make a gal go overboard a bit in the shopping world, there’s a lot of pressure to have the newest and trendiest stuff, and I want to get off that train. I’ll still be here (obviously), but you’ll see a simpler me.
I haven’t really gotten into the whole athleisure (wearing sporty clothes whilst not participating in sports;) trend until really recently. I’m not sure why I haven’t, it is the BEST way to dress and be comfortable. Feature that! I’ve only ever worn my workout clothes on the way to the gym, but not on my non workout days. Here’s the thing, when it comes to dressing right for this trend you need a mix of great items! I get a lot of inspiration from my fellow blogger gals, I really enjoy seeing how they put together items in a fresh way and it gives me ideas of how I can make it work for me.
Here’s how to participate in this trend (and not look like you’re trying too hard!)
1) For me this looks all starts with footwear. You need good sneakers that don’t really shout out “I run in these.” I wear my Nike Internationalist’s a lot, I love their all black look and how sleek they look. I also enjoy these high top Van’s, these Cherry Blossom printed Nike’s (DYING), and these gray and black Nike Air Zoom’s. I personally prefer a shoe that isn’t bright and crazy, they look great with patterned and fun workout leggings as well as ripped jeans and a sweatshirt. (I’m also digging a sneaker and dress look right now, very unexpected, right?)
2) If I’m going to wear my workout leggings or BP faux leather leggings (OBSESSED, you need these!), I like a longer top over it. (Target has a TON of these now.) I just bought this top in an XL (size up on this one) from Target yesterday and it is divine. It is long enough to cover my upper legs, and I like how the marled gray color looks great with faux leather and fun mesh and pattern leggings.
3) I mentioned above the leggings I’m dying over, there are so many great options everywhere for fun leg wear. I saw these printed leggings at Target that I really love (the mesh panels are fun), and anything from Old Navy or Fabletics always works. It is great to have a detail on the bottom that elevates them past working out clothes, whether it be faux leather or a great print. Throw on a black or gray top and sneaks and you are SET.
I think the real key to dressing correctly with this trend is to look like you did it intentionally. I wear my regular makeup and style my hair, and have clothes that I don’t really wear working out so that they stay nice. The same goes for my footwear! You may be in casual gym-like clothes, but you want to look pulled together in a really casual way. Thats a great combination, if I do say so myself;)
I find this to be a great look for me on the weekends, when I am running errands with my husband and kids and don’t want to get dressed. I throw on a tunic sweatshirt, leggings, cute sneaks, a great bag and a faux fur coat (!), and go. Easy peas-y!
Shop this post: