Oh hey! Happy Tuesday to YOU! There are so many elements that I really like about this look today, it’s one of those that really felt like ME (and trust me, I come home at the end of the day a lot and wonder why on EARTH I wore something;) Let’s dissect this look, shall we?
1) I am smitten with these reflective lens sunglasses that I ordered from Forever 21 a month or so ago for $5.80 (I know.) They are sold out right now, but the reflective lens trend can be found anywhere and I think they make every outfit better. I currently have one pair of nice sunglasses I got for Mother’s Day last year (Classic Wayfarers!), and I am thinking of investing in the name brand versions of these aviators. What do YOU think I should do?
2) These high heeled sandals are fun because they have really cool, modern block heels, and they also feel so soft and supple (considering the price and where they came from!) I saw them on another blog (darn that Sydney and her persuasive ways..), and originally wanted the black, but I had too many black shoes already and went with the tan. I don’t think you can ever have enough nude/tan colored neutral shoes (blame it on the new/improved Kim K?) I used to really fall for crazy footwear in bright colors and funky shapes, but find lately I am drawn to simpler styles and colors. (Like these black strappy heels I bought at Kohl’s this weekend!)
On that note, I’ve been stalking this retro, red and white polka dot bathing suit by Esther Williams for quite some time. I’ve read all the reviews, looked at all the pictures, and finally bought it this morning! I wanted a bathing suit that was appropriate for family time by the lake, could be worn around my children and friends at the beach, yet didn’t make me feel like a matron. I can’t wait till it comes in the mail, I will let you know how it fits and looks!
Do you have a polka dot look that you want to share? Link up your look below and you’ll have the chance to be featured in your very own post next week as one of my faves!
Some may not think that having Beetlejuice striped pants are a must, but I love that they are as simple as wearing a comfortable pair of jeans, yet look fun and interesting and a little bit edgy. Adding in some studs and touches of red made it all the more better to me. Here’s the thing. Whenever I wear something a bit more out there, I pair it will all black. It tones it down and makes it more wearable. So there’s my rule for wearing outrageous clothing/accessories…pair it with black and you will feel more comfortable while wearing it. I promise!
Now it’s your turn to show me how you style STRIPES! Link up your look below and show us how YOU wear stripes. Next week my co hosts (Dawnelle, Rebecca, Jalynn, + Brandi) and I will also each pick our personal favorites and show you off. You can post a collage or a style post, it’s up to you! Please don’t forget to link back to one of us in your post, and visit others that link up, too. That’s how link ups work;)
Shop this look:
1) It was one degree when I took these pictures this morning. ONE. I’m pretty sure I left my frozen hands in the snow, right next to my tripod and jacket that I took off for three nanoseconds. One degree temps mean you get the two poses I can do in the time it takes to auto take about 30 pictures. One day I will get frostbite on my fingertips, and I’ll have to tell the emergency room I got it taking “style pictures” of myself, and then I’ll die of embarrassment.
2) On Sunday I decided that I needed a REAL haircut, which are different from the ones you do yourself at home. (You know because of my lack of skill and all.) I can’t remember the last time I went and got my hair cut, maybe a year? I actually hate going in for trims. It seems like a waste of money, and unless you are really chopping it, then why bother? There is only so much you can do at home, though, before you need professional help. And by professional help, I mean a $13 trim at Supercuts, while your kids bounce around in the waiting area like caged animals. I didn’t even splurge for the wash, just spray me down, trim it up and GO. I lost about an inch or so, but I’m sort of amazed (stupidly) by how healthy my hair looks. Go figure.
3) I received my Joules rainboots in the mail the other day (why HELLO blogging perk!), and I’ve worn them almost continually since then. I have two pair of Hunter boots and these rain boots above, and the big difference between the two is that the Joules ones are more substantial and keep your feet a little but warmer, and fit better. (They’re cheaper, too.) They have more bells and whistles, with cute patterns inside and an adjustable width. If you’re a purest, I say go for the Hunter’s, they are classic. If you like a bit of fun in your rain boots (polka dot!), I think these are great. OR, you could be like me and have ALL the rain boots and start a sweet little rainboot hoarding collection. #winning
4) I’ve become obsessed lately with reading books about real women and their lives in essay form. I started with Momastery’s “Carry On, Warrior“, and am rereading it to catch all the gems I missed the first time. I’m also currently reading Anne Lamott’s “Traveling Mercies, which is similar to Momastery’s book, as it tells the story of a woman’s life from severe addiction to present time, with all the good, bad and ugly in between. Both are these books are faith based in a way, which is funny because I am NOT faith based, but I love their approach to life. I like that they write about the messy parts of life, and all the stuff that we all live on a daily basis and wonder if other’s do, too.
5) Lastly, I wanted to thank all of you that participated in the What She Wears link up last week. The theme for March (which I’m really excited for!) is one color from head to toe. You can go nuts with whichever color you prefer, go all black or pink or red or WHATEVER. I can’t wait to see what you come up with! The link up will be live Tuesday, March 4th at midnight, and my fellow co hosts will each pick our faves after the week is over.
On that note, my fave from THIS MONTH’S theme of Your Favorite Winter Trend was…Nikki from A Fashionable Wife! I loved how she paired the graphic striped sweater with the denim top and cute flats. She looks classic and chic and very French. J’adore;)