This video took about eight tapings, three outfit changes (don’t ask) and about four hours of
banging my head on the keyboard and swearing learning how to edit and upload. Now that I’ve got the hang of it I can make more, so leave a comment below if you have any suggestions for video tutorials!
Marshall’s dress (similar); F21 belt and bracelet; Target sunnies; Dooney bag.
1) Taking photo’s with the price tags and size stickers still on my pants. Thank goodness they are in the back. But now you know.
2) Not realizing I have child snot on my pants before said photoshoot. Just keeping it classy.
3) The fact that it was NOT fall weather when I did this same photoshoot. I’m pretending. And sweating.
4) Sitting in traffic court (don’t ask…) in my grandma’s pearls and having the guy next to me ask “what I was there for,” and “was it the same charge as him?” Awkward. And no. It wasn’t the same. Mine was worse.
5) Adding up my court fee’s with the Bailiff outside the courtroom. We all had to use our cell phone’s to figure it out and none of us could come up with the same answer. (It was a lot.)
6) Filming and editing a video of yourself doing your hair. And then having no idea how to actually get this said tutorial on the blog. Compression and bitrate are now vocabulary words I know. We’re besties.
7) My hair. I hate it right now.
8) The book “Gone Girl” by Gillian Flynn. It’s a page turner, but creepy at the same time.
1) Molly telling me the Happy Meal I got her “rocked her world.” I have noooooo idea where she got that phrase from…..
2) The horse print dress I bought at Marshall’s today. Love. It.
3) The giant orange owl figurine I bought that my husband thinks is horrendous. Now it needs to be displayed prominently for all to see. Ba ha ha ha ha.
4) The a-maze-ing crockpot lasagna recipe I found. I will never make lasagna the traditional way ever again. It is that good.
I had a moment the other day. I was looking around in my closet and noticed I did not own any normal colored (read: jean colored) pants. I had a zillion colored and printed ones, but not any traditional pairs. I remember I had a major cleaning session in there awhile back and donated a ton of things. I like to do that. I am the opposite of a hoarder. I throw stuff out and donate things constantly because I hate having too much stuff. Anyway, long story short, I went to Target and found these dark rinse, boot cut jeans for $22. I forget sometimes how flattering a dark rinse pant are. In my quest to own every pair of patterned skinny jean ever made I lost sight of how versatile this type of pant can be. Dress up for casual Friday, dress down for running errands.
I am also obsessed with my Zara necklace, seen here and here. It adds a fun factor to the most basic of outfits and my four year old thinks it is “super fashion-y.” I’m not sure if that is good or bad that I wear things the pre-k set love, but I’m gonna do it anyway.
Photo courtesy of Heather Rigney
I wanted to send a little love out to my extremely talented sister in law, Heather Rigney. Not only is she a very creative artist with artwork all over New England (her blog is here), but she also authored a book that is for sale on Amazon today! You can buy it here (and it is only $2.99!) Just think, if you type her name into Amazon a book comes up. She’s famous!
She also has an Etsy shop here and a super funny toothbrush blog, here (believe me, the toothbrushes are hilarious.)
So go, run now and see what how amazing Heather is. And did I tell you she has platinum hair with hot pink tips? AND she has the cutest apartment ever? It looks like a magazine photo shoot, with striped walls and everything.
I’ve been having a lack of inspiration lately. And feeling blah. I look in my
huge closet and see nothing. Fresh, fun, inspiring (to me) clothing options are just not there. And I can’t bring myself to care (today.) I like to think of this space as a place to share my personal style as well as my life stories. And lately I have been coming up blank there, too.
So I ask your patience. I only want to post things that mean something to me, not just because I feel I have to. I want this to showcase the real me and sometimes the real me is sitting in yoga pants watching movies with my kids.
1) When your cat sits up all alert on the bed at night and stares intently at the door when you are alone (watching true crime shows, see below) and you are convinced there is a killer outside your bedroom door.
2) Walking around all day with a tag hanging off the back of your shirt because you forgot to cut it off. Classy.
3) Forgetting what day my anniversary is. October 7th? 9th? Oh, how soon we forget.
4) Getting sized at Victoria’s Secret for new bras and finding she was way off. As in not even close. Shouldn’t they know what they are doing?
5) Telling my daughter (after she exited class with bitter tears) that she doesn’t get a medal after gymnastics class. This isn’t London, sweetheart.
1) Watching true crime shows on the I.D. channel. I’m a sucker for a good mystery and love seeing these real life shows. Note: DO NOT watch, “The killer next door” while your husband is away. Lesson learned.
2) Having your three year old tell you that he “doesn’t have a tongue, its a licking thing.” Okay, we’ll go with that. Weirdo.
3) Your four year old telling you that unicorns are different than real horses because “they have rainbow manes.” And then looking at you like you are an idiot for not knowing the difference.
4) Watching my kids in gymnastics and planning on how I will spend the money they make on endorsements after they win gold in the Olympics.
5) Moscato wine. At night. So delicious I could literally chug it from the bottle.
This is what happens when I let my daughter loose in my closet. She finds my hoochiest dress and puts it on, along with my most sparkly necklace. She is my biggest champion in me dressing up fancy. In fact, she’s always a little disappointed when I wear my yoga pants and tank tops. Which is admittedly most of the time.
Good grief am I in trouble with this one…