I am in the process of redefining what I want my home to look like and getting rid of things that I’ve been hanging onto for the past ten years for no apparent reason. I mean, why do I own a zillion floral throw pillows? A lot of what we own was given to us when we had nothing, or I’ve found on the side of the road and repainted (love doing this!) or we bought in bulk from a chain store. I enjoy fixing things up with paint or different knobs on dressers and the like, but most of that is a cosmetic fix to keep me happy until I can afford to get what I really like.
Here are some things that catch me eye and seem to fit the kind of look I am going for these days:
1) Black and white prints. Who knew? I love dressing in these colors, so why wouldn’t I like decorating that way as well?
Love this throw blanket.
I just bought this pillow!
And want this. Badly.
2) Photo’s with fun sayings in bright colors. I want to build a collage of sorts in my living room in my new house in Michigan. Boy do I love the thought of starting new and all the possibilities of a house that is different and exciting. I have been spending much to much time on Design Seeds and Pinterest for color inspiration and ideas.
3) My dream is to sell my dining room table and get something that looks like this and have cool, modern seating around it. I think I’m turning into a modern, clean line, eclectic kind of decorator now….and I’ve had a Shabby Chic-ish house forever. Confused much?
4) I need a new coffee table. Badly. We bought one from Ikea a loooong time ago as a filler piece until we found one we liked better. We never did find one we liked better….and now our cheap Ikea one looks like a set of elves took a hammer to it. Not to mention that I have two, mismatched end tables that my mom gave me (that I painted white along with everything else I own) which I need to replace. These are cute, right?
5) My bed. We have a queen sized one that I sleep amazing in, but since I sleep sideways my husband doesn’t love this. Such a whiner….
I want a beautiful, simple, coral and blue room. And if it wasn’t asking too much, can it look like this?
Oh…and an office that looks like this. Thanks!