Using the Tousled Texturixing Mist in my hair for beach waves!
I’ve been buying and trying a bunch of new beauty products lately in the hopes that I find THE ONE PRODUCT that I fall in love with. I admit, I have a few do or die products that I use on a daily basis, like my Philosophy Fresh Cream lotion and my Monat shampoo and conditioner. I’ve been slowly upping my face care and makeup game, adding in products here and there that I really love. Here are a few I’ve tried (and loved!), lately:
1) I’ve been on the search for a great foundation for awhile now. I had been using an Argan oil lotion that had some color correcting in it, but ran out, and also had the Bare Minerals liquid foundation that I really enjoyed, but I was ready to try something new. I’ve been in love with anything and everything It Cosmetics for awhile, so I decided to give their Celebration Foundation a try. I first color matched it at Ulta (and tried it out, too!), and then bought it at QVC, because they had a better price and added in the brush. (It Cosmetic brushes are AWESOME.) I have to say, I really like this foundation. You could apply it as light or as heavy as you want, depending on the coverage. I think it gives a nice finished look to my skin without looking overly made up. I bought the light and it matches nicely, but know I can bump up to the medium in warmer months.
2) I recently became addicted to primers. They are so important! I wear the Urban Decay primer on my eyelids when I wear eyeliner there (or eyeshadow), and decided to give facial primers a go. I wanted one with a good texture that really worked, and that didn’t have a ton of yucky ingredients that would make me break out. I originally wanted to get this It Cosmetics one as the reviews were amazing, but went for the Mally Perfect Prep Poreless Primer instead, as it was less expensive and the reviews were pretty awesome. I really like the texture of it and how soft it makes my skin feel! I apply it after my sunscreen and eye cream, and before my foundation. I often wear it without foundation as well, because I like how my skin feels with it on.
3) I’ve been noticing over the last year or so that the wrinkles around my eyes have become more pronounced. (Which probably has something to do wth minimal sunscreen use in my teens and tanning beds in high school, gah!) I have a close friend who sells Rodan and Fields and she recommended their Redefine Multi Function Eye Cream. I love the feel of this cream! It goes on thick and soaks right in and feels really moisturizing. I can see the difference in my lines, too! They are less pronounced and deep. A little bit goes a long way, I use a tiny bit each day in the morning and night and I’ve barely made a dent in the jar.
4) It’s probably just winter and dry air and such, but my poor skin is SAD. I wake up and my skin is so parched and it looks older than it should look. I hate that! I’ve been searching for a really rich cream that I can wear at night that has peptides in it and would just soak my skin in moisture. I’ve been intrigued by Bare Minerals’ new skincare line and went to Ulta to test it out. I ended up buying a jar of their Butter Drench Restorative Rich Cream. It literally looks like butter, and goes on nice and thick, yet it’s not heavy. In the morning I then use my Rejuvenique Oil Intensive under my sunscreen and I look moisturized and young again!
5) I mentioned the Rejuvenique Oil Intensive above, but it deserves it’s own category. I adore this stuff! I use it mainly on my hair (it smells like lemons and yumminess, really fresh), and it soaks it up. I ran out for a week or so before I could order more and I was so sad! I think you can tell how much you love something when you run out and desperately miss it. I use the oil on my hair, on my face (it does not make you break out), on my hands after I wash them, and my cuticles. You can also use it as a scalp treatment (I like it with the Replenishing mask), once a week, there are a zillion uses for it. One bottle for me lasts about two months and is worth the price. I am currently stalking my local UPS driver for my next shipment…
Tell me, what products have you tried lately, and loved?
Shop the post: